Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Diligence

For some, it comes naturally.
For others, it's their job (Olkie)

but for me, well, it's not exactly my middle name. Not my first or last name come to think of it.
Ok so it's been long established that I'm a lazy triathlete.

Since my injury, I've come up with more and more excuses so I'll pack one more on: I'm old

Since the day I turned 30, like most other 30 year olds, I've been complaining of this pain and that but I've truly accepted that I don't heal as quickly as I used; that my body can't do what it used; that my physical peak has passed my by.

That being said, yesterday's gym session was decent. 20 minutes on the bike as a warm-up for weights. I've said it before but gotta remember that a workout doesn't have to be 3 hours long everytime! It is possible to pop into the gym for an hour and bust out some weights as a little pick-me-up for the week.

Ya see, yesterday was a real bummer as another short-term substitute position closed itself out. A whole 4 days...but these 4 days were at my favorite school with a good buncha guys. They take the job serious when it's time to work but can sit back and watch South Park at lunch and play itouch baseball as I nimbly attempt to get my homerun record past the 1045m (new record ..beatin' today for 1102m).

Two of the guys are married, one's engaged all are family oriented, as is my wife...I mean, life. -sigh- I could only hope for a situation like that. Alas, wah..the job search continues.

--shaking that off--

So yea, I can put in an hour and still have time to do everything I need to do every day. It's just staying in that groove that's been the problem. Any ideas on how to stick with it? I guess this is how 'normal' people feel huh? Man, I must be getting old.

Physically, I'm sure of. Attaching the cabinet fronts has proven that. Here I didn't do that much yesterday but the more I move around, the more sore I feel. Does this mean I need to warm-up before I do...anything!?


Great. Stretching.
Another thing I've never been diligent about.

No comments:

Post a Comment