Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today was a Good Day

Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the morning got the fat burger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read Ice Cube's a pimp
Drunk as hell but no throwing up
Half way home and my pager still blowing up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.
- Ice Cube (video clip NSFW)

Today seems like a good enough day to start off writing something for the folks at home.

Anyway, I've had one of the most lazy winters ever! but that's in the past, yah?

So I got my jog on today on the Quince Orchard HS track. While it was only 2 laps, they went pretty quick and the QO track team kept from laughing as I rolled my tired buns around the cushy mix making up this particular track. Far from the hard-pounding concrete or shin-breaking sidewalks that make up my usual strolls.

Well, I've found that I'm in need of a personal trainer or a partner-in-crime as I'm trying to find motivation inside, where it seems to be lacking. Let's not dwell on that.

In other news, I was happily employed at my favorite school and will be tomorrow again. woot!
Yes, the world of a substitute teacher is a kooky one; full of change and wonder; and constant adjustment. I guess that's what a Triathlete goes through through, different adjustments but remaining in constant motion.

The substitute teacher has but one transition though, from stop to go but it could be argued that the transitions are from music teacher to art teacher to science teacher to spanish teacher to pe teacher, etc etc etc. Lord knows what you'd call that person. A "Hextuplet" ?

See kids, even teachers can make up words.

Ok well, good to be back; even if for a short time. We'll see ya from time-to-time
but feel free to follow me on my newest form of life-sharing-technology:





BurntCouch

1 comment: